Gorse Hill is an elegant mansion set in the beautiful countryside of Surrey surrounded by woodland and formal gardens, yet only minutes from the centre of Woking. Having undergone significant refurbishment, it now offers a dedicated 10,000sq ft ballroom, conference, meetings, and wedding venue, 67 bedrooms, serviced offices, and a guest gym, making this one of the prime venue choices in the Surrey region.
We are looking for a dynamic hotel Sous Chef to join the Team.
You will be responsible for:
- Directing the food preparation process and delegating tasks
- Cooking and preparing high-quality dishes
- Assisting the Head Chef to create menu items and recipes and developing dishes
- Supervising all kitchen stations
- Supervising, motivating and working closely with other Chefs of all levels
- Being responsible for health and safety
- Being responsible for food hygiene practices
- Ensuring food quality and excellent standards are maintained for all dishes created
- Assisting with determining food inventory needs, stocking and ordering
- Ensuring the kitchen meets all regulations including sanitary and food safety guidelines
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Sous Chef to be part of a growing brand of unique properties.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Between £30,000_£35,000 per year
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking