Senior Property Manager
An opportunity to work for one of the areas leading estate agencies as a Property Manager in their lettings department.
As Property Manager, you will manage your portfolio of clients liaising with landlords, tenants, and contractors daily while delivering excellent customer service.
Portfolio and Tenancy Management
• Manage clients and properties within your portfolio.
• Ensure the seamless transition from Check Out to Tenancy Start including liaising with independent inventory company and front office staff to ensure a smooth check-in/out process.
• Carry out physical check out at the end of tenancies where appropriate.
• Carry out a pre-check-out visit to properties and arranging and coordinating works to ensure properties are presented to the highest standard.
• Arrange and carry out property inspections including reporting findings to the Landlord and arranging remedial works and/or follow-up visits if required.
• Handle deposit dispute negotiations and repayment of deposits.
• Handle all correspondence with landlord’s pre and post-tenancy start date. Property Maintenance
• Ensuring maintenance issues are dealt with promptly with relation to the existing managed portfolio and ensure strong and prompt communication with landlords and tenants is maintained.
• Ensure all data is entered correctly into the Property Management system to guarantee continuity of filing systems and property management notes are completed to track the progress of maintenance issues.
• Monitor contractors’ performance and progress of all maintenance issues up to point of payment of suppliers invoice to ensure all works have been satisfactorily completed for onward payment by the accounts department.
• Ensure all suppliers have the required professional memberships and correct insurances in place.
• Ensure that all managed properties comply with current legislation with regards to gas safety, fire, and furnishings, electrical safety, HMOs, non-resident landlords.
• Manage the process to ensure all reminders, gas safety inspections, management visits, and tenancy renewals are completed on time. Arrange inventories, gas safety certificates, Electrical certifications, EPC’s and all other legal documentation to ensure that all managed properties comply with current legislation.
• Handle any tenancy amendments, Early Release applications, Deed of Surrender applications and ensure these are carried out efficiently and ensuring compliance at all times
• Manage all tenancy renewals and secure renewal fees from Landlords.
• Manage all aspects of the running of any HMOs Additional Duties
• Deal with complaints from Landlords and Tenants in line with company policy.
• Handle any overflow business with regards to call handling, viewings, booking appointments, etc.
• Ensure that you are fully aware of and comply with all regulations for General Data Protection & Anti Money Laundering.
• Informing your Line Manager of any ideas which may improve performance and efficiency.
• From time to time perform duties outside of this job description reasonably requested of you.
• Demonstrate high standards of professionalism at all times.
• Be in front of the office, dealing with face to face, telephone, and e-mail enquiries
• Prepare listings on our database including drawing up floor plans and making properties live online
• Processing applications using Goodlord
• Preparing internet listings
• Taking and dealing with property/applicant enquiries
• Keep database up to date Main Objectives:
• To ensure a landlord’s experience when letting out a property is as smooth as possible
• Maintain the level of service and quality standards set out by Parkers
• Demonstrate high standards of professionalism, courtesy and efficiency in dealing with the public.
• Manage the property portfolio to maximize and retain clients.
• Deal with all renewal of tenancies and accompanying negotiations.
• Handle all enquiries with courtesy and efficiency.
• Provide careful and considerate advice as and when necessary.
• To operate with the confines of the Housing Acts and Lettings legislation.
• To operate to the standards set by our regulatory bodies.
• To ensure the seamless journey for tenants from move in to move out.
The successful Property Manager will have the following qualities:
• Well-spoken and well presented
• Motivated and driven
• Able to remain calm in stressful situations
• Determined to succeed and progress your career in a fast-paced environment
• Computer literate • Able to use initiative
• Friendly personality
• Full, clean drivers licence
• Industry experience
• Be ARLA qualified