Lettings Negotiator & Inspector Job description
About our client
Our client is a Gillingham based estate agency that harbours over a decade worth of sales and lettings experience. Within that time, they have accumulated an expansive and widespread property portfolio across Medway and Kent, as well as a strong market presence in Gillingham, where their brand new office is located.
Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm, working every other Saturday 9 am-3 pm after the first three months
· Strong grasp of the lettings process –from marketing rental properties online, attending viewings, carrying out reference checks to completing inventories upon check-in.
· Strong grasp of the selling and buying process – liaising between sellers/developers and purchasers in order to ensure a smooth purchase or sales transaction. Understanding the key requirements of the party we are acting for and keeping on top of communication lines.
· Acting as the front of house - both face to face and over the phone.
· Strong personal and office etiquette is a must -including office presentation, cleanliness and organisation.
· Ensuring legal completion of all paperwork relating to new and existing tenants.
· Producing promotional information and marketing properties on social platforms.
· Liaising with tenants and clients in a professional manner and with confidence.
· Liaising with internal and external maintenance teams + tenants.
· Providing general support for the Sales & Lettings office manager.
· Experience with Sales and Lettings information software systems such as Goodlord and 10 Ninety is a bonus
· Commercial property experience in negotiating lease agreements and landlord negotiations is a bonus
28 days holiday, pension scheme, mileage covered except first and last 15 miles.
· Prior experience within a Sales and Lettings role (desirable 1+ years experience)
· Excellent verbal communication skills (in person and on the phone)
· Must be consistent and stern with tenants
· Honest and compliant
· Customer service skills
· Ability to work on your own
· Computer proficient
· Must hold a clean, full UK driving license
Please note the successful candidate will require a DBS check (reimbursed upon satisfaction of result). The candidate will also be subject to a six-month probationary period.