We are currently working with a growing and ambitious land and property developer located in Hampshire. Our client's are continually investing and expanding their operation and are actively investing money into the business and new land/development opportunities. As part of their investment, they are now looking for an experienced Land Manager to join their team. The Land Manager role will focus on identifying and managing acquisitions and will utilise their experience in identifying off market opportunities whilst also building relationships land agents.
Duties will include:
- Assessment of development opportunities provided to the business via land agents
- Identifying and contacting off-market opportunities
- Appraising a range of sites for different uses such as residential, offices and warehouses
- Management of the acquisition of the company’s sites – from initial evaluation through to completion - to include all aspects of, site assessment, contract negotiation, due diligence, and planning management
- Liaison and communication with relevant planning teams; including architects, planning consultants, viability consultants and all other external consultants
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum 3 years of land purchase experience in residential development acquisition
- Ability to assess individual council’s planning policy and create schemes accordingly for viable offers to be issued
- A broad experience of site assessment, including an understanding of development and construction costs, planning and contract negotiations, and ability to secure residential and mixed-use schemes
- Good management, administrative and entrepreneurial skills to ensure that projects are managed successfully, efficiently and profitably
- An excellent grasp of the technical aspects of design and construction matters, systems and processes
- An all-round knowledge of the development industry, an excellent understanding of the planning system, building regulations and environmental considerations
We endeavour to respond to all applications however, due to high demand, if you do not hear back from us within 5 working days your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful.