Our Client is a leading tier 1 contractor and they are looking for a top candidate to join the family. The successful individual will be in charge of the safety, health environment, and quality assurance of the company. They will supervise or co-ordinate work systems to ensure products and services meet the highest quality standards, and that working conditions are safe and meet legal requirements.
Key responsibilities will include:
• To investigate accidents and ensure all documentation is updated.
• Implementation of any new legislation relating to health and safety.
• Facilitate all forms of risk assessment.
• Occupational health and safety surveys.
• Health and safety awareness training.
• Site inspections.
• Toolbox talks.
• To complete prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure records maintained of same.
• Annual H&S audits and Quality Assurance
• Ensure the company meets its obligations under the ‘Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations’.
• Ensure construction accreditations such as CHAS and Constructionline are achieved and renewed.
• Devise and improve the training matrix for all staff, carry out H&S inductions and in-house training.
The following qualifications would be required:
• General NEBOSH Certificate
• CSCS Site Card
• First Aid Basic Certificate Preferable:
• Environmental Management Systems Qualification
• General Management Qualification
• IOSH Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Workers
• Graduate IOSH Status or CMIOSH status At least 5+ years experience in a similar management role with full MS Office knowledge and reporting skills and knowledge of the following:
• Risk Management
• Method Statement Review
• Site inspections and investigations
• Company preparation for Audits
• Compliance and maintenance of relevant standards
• Risk Assessment experience
• CDM Regulations implementation