Scope of Role
Act as an Estimator for a limited number of developments in line with company procedures, industry best practices and legal requirements. In addition to specific responsibility for own developments, be actively involved in the production of all land bid appraisals required for the various stages of future business.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Report directly to Commercial Director on viability and land appraisal production for all future developments.
- Responsible for managing the annual tendering process for standard products and liaising with other members of the commercial and wider team on the production of information for this.
- To provide cost reports and key date updates to the deadline.
- Create and monitor budgets for sub-contractors and materials
- Monitor prelim budgets and assist the Construction team with managing these
- Monitor sales & marketing budgets and assist the Sales team with managing these
- Monitor fees budgets and assist the Technical team with managing these
- Sub Contract ordering
- Order & pay variations
- Liaise with the buying function and order & control materials required for projects
- Work with the Commercial Director regarding ongoing work on viabilities for future developments and land bids
- Work with Departmental Manager’s (Land/Technical/Construction/Sales) to gather data required for land bid process through to PTP process.
- Surveying degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of flatted and house building schemes
- Good technical knowledge
- Knowledge of standard forms of contract is desirable
- Attention to detail
- Organisational and time management skills with the ability to adapt to change and prioritise accordingly
- IT literate, particularly with Microsoft Office and Sitestream or similar land viability software
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Have a willingness to understand and appreciate the wider aims of the business
- Experience in a similar role within a national house builder
- Previous experience working with Housing Association building contracts
- Experience in working with procedures and producing accurate reports and presentations