The Delivery Manager/Business Analyst is accountable for the delivery of products and services for our client. They are proficient in Agile and Lean practices and have the ability to coach other members of the teams. Outcome focused, they have an iterative approach to planning, forecasting and road mapping.
They will work closely with the Product Manager to understand the strategy and identify the roadmap and requirements using a customer value-driven approach and an Agile mindset
- To drive planning, estimation and coordination of the team's technical roadmap and its execution
- To identify and escalate risks, dependencies, and issues, propose mitigation and manage accordingly.
- To develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- To regularly report progress to the relevant stakeholders
- To perform requirements gathering and analysis.
- To support the Product Manager in maintaining the product backlog
- To work with the Product Team to create the applicable artefacts (e.g., Story Map, User stories, etc.) that translate and communicate the business needs clearly
- To work with the Product Manager, users and the Tech Team to ensure the functionality that is delivered has the best design and tangible benefit.
- To ensure the customer is central in all relevant business decisions
- To lead the main Scrum sessions, such as stand-ups, retrospectives, backlog refinement, etc.
- To help maintain a culture which supports the business, including fostering best practices, strong team spirit, customer focus and an environment of sharing knowledge
- To build a trusting and safe environment and facilitate discussion, decision making, or conflict resolution
- To act as a servant-leader, prioritising support for the team's success ahead of individual needs
- To coach the team in agile and lean methods, driving increased collaboration, appropriate communication, and continuous improvement efforts
Knowledge and Expertise
- Strong experience in document requirements using Agile mechanisms (Epics, Themes, Stories)
- Strong stakeholder experience & relationship management skills
- Great communication skills (written & presentation) with the ability to communicate with technical team to business users executive team
- Strong analytical skills including how to model processes & support business change
- Deep understanding of the different phases of the SDLC, release management and live support.
- Strong experience in Agile and Lean practices
- Understanding of DevOps and DevSecOps principles
- Direct experience in managing remote teams
- Experience in identifying and effectively implementing continuous improvement efforts
- Ability to coach teams on the deeper principles behind the Agile principles and facilitate actual changes in outlook and behaviours
- Experience in managing product roadmap and scope, breaking milestones down into epics and writing user stories
- Able to communicate clearly to a wide range of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Able to identify and analyse problems systematically.
- Comfortable working outside their current realm of experience, using new tools & techniques to solve complex problems.
- Can analyse, present, and justify recommendations, backed by research and sound reasoning.
Experience, qualifications and other requirements specific to the role
- 5+ years of work experience as a Delivery Manager or a BA
Nice to Have:
- BA & Scrum Master qualifications
Experience in BDD